Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Workin' 9 - 5

Here's my day in a nutshell:

7:30 - Wake up, strumble around my room and start getting ready for work
8:00 - Eat bread and boil water for Nescafe
8:45 - Stand outside my house and wait for a sharecab to take me to the junction
- From the junction I catch a tro tro that follows the oceanside to my second stop
- At a different junction I catch another tro tro where I go to the last stop
- Walk for about 30 minutes through sandy garbage laden backyards to my workplace
10:00 - arrive at work and work on my laptop in the office with my boss and Nii until about 3
12:00 - go across the way to the woman selling fufuo, bring it back to the office and eat
3:00pm - walk back to the main intersection, buy some vegetable and get on a tro tro going home
4:30pm - arrive at my house, say hi to my creepy watchful neighbours, buy a huge bag of purewaters, carry it back to the house on my head
5:00pm - do washing while watching a movie (usually If These Walls Could Talk 2)
5:45pm - start cooking supper (sweat like a maniac on speed) and wait for Chris to get home
6:30pm - eat, and watch True Blood and/or read
9:00pm - do our exercise routine of pushups and situps


There you have it. It's an average day of sweat, grime, people yelling OBRUNI at me, and trying to make sure my room doesn't become completely submerged in ants.
All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment