Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Address

So in a couple weeks I am moving to Tamale and I thought I would post my new address here:

Claire Ryan
P.O. Box 59
education/ridge
Tamale, Ghana
West Africa

and that's it! I cannot wait to move because Accra is extremely crowded and humid and busy, whereas Tamale (about 7 hours North) is much calmer and dryer. Although...it is even hotter.
Classes are finally finished! Exams are next week and then I'm very free of academics.

I know that never again will I go without recognizing my privileges. The privilege of eating raw vegetables, drinking tap water, feelings safe, trusting the system, being able-bodied and white and western. Everything. Every day I learn something new about what it means to be privileged and it changes my thinking in a really positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment