Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Accra

After a wonderful and cold holiday in Portugal I am glad to be back in sunny Accra. I had forgotten how humid it is in the South because Northern Ghana is extremely dry, and I am remembering what being sweaty actually means. I am staying with my friends Jen and Selina and I start my placement on January 5th.

You can mail me at my original mailing address in Legon as I will be checking that post office box regularly:

Claire Ryan
c/o TIG
Institute of African Studies
PO Box LG 73
Legon, Accra
Ghana, West Africa

Being away really made me realize how much I missed Ghana, and how much I like living here. When my plane landed I felt at peace and as though I was truly coming home. I wait in nervous but optimistic anticipation for my second semester!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment