Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Snickers Bar

I am in an internet cafe and I am sweating so much. I can't stress hot it is here. I think it's hotter than any day I have ever experienced in Canada. I am getting used to it, but I am still amazed at how much sweat my body is even capable of producing.
I eat Snickers bars sometimes, I don't know why, I guess they remind me of home. They're the only Canadian thing I can find so I just deal with it. I have a feeling they will always remind me of Ghana.
The first month is finally done. I can't believe I survived it to be honest. I feel mildly invincible. Everyone in our group has lost weight and got a tan, we all look different already. When I come home you might not even recognize me!
At school we finally have a female professor - she is brilliant and intimidating, I love her. She is also the first prof who seems to know anything about development - she even uses words like 'development discourse' and 'elective affinity'. Don't get me wrong - the profs are all geniuses, just not all specializing in development.
I miss coffee and running water. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Claire, Your comments bring things in so real.Quite the challenges you are facing. continue to enjoy. Irene

    ReplyDelete